Editing Your Custom Form Builder
The Custom Form Builder is a useful tool that lets you construct any kind of form you want for your website.
To edit your Custom Form:
- In the Editor, click on Pages.
- Locate your Custom Form Builder page, or add it as a new page, and click the Edit button next to it.
- In the Form Builder tab, these are the field types you can add to your form:
- Text Field - allows the visitor to enter a single line of text.
- Email Field - a single text box that's validated to only accept email addresses.
- Date Field - a calendar filed type allows your visitor to select a specific date.
- Text Area - allows the visitor to insert a multi-line text. You will be able to set the number of lines.
- Select - allows the visitor to select from a drop-down list.
- Checkbox Group - allows the visitor to select multiple or all items from a group of choices.
- Radio Groups - allows the visitor to select one item from a group of choices.
- Number - allows the visitor to enter only a number. You can set a minimum and a maximum number. With the "step", you can decide the difference between numbers in the range, e.g., 2 steps will set the optional selection to 2, 4, 6, and so on.
- Paragraph - allows you to display certain text in the form, i.e., an explanation to the following field or the right way to fill it in.
- Header - allows you to create a title for different sections in the form.
- Two Columns - allows you to add fields to your form and split them into two columns. Add the Two Columns field, then drag the desired fields into the box.
- File Upload - allows your visitor to upload a file, like a signed document, an invoice, etc.
- Manage Steps - you can Add New Step, manage your tabs at the top of the form, and customize each step with the fields you require.
- In the Settings tab, these are the available settings:
- Text for the form's "send" button - set the displayed text on the send button of the form, i.e., send, submit, sign up, etc.
- Text for the form's "next"/"previous" buttons - in case you have several steps in filling out the form, you can change the displayed text of the "next"/"previous" buttons.
- Email Receiver - set up to five receiving emails that will receive the form submissions. Read more about Checking Your Form Messages.
- Unique Submission - allows your users to submit the form only once, in cases you don't want the users to enter more than one submission. For example, contests, exams, polls, etc.
- Description - add a description to give your visitors more information on how to fill the form, what they should pay attention to.
- Auto Reply Messages - set the message that the visitor will receive after submitting the form.
- Scripts And Codes - add scripts and codes that would run upon message submission, e.g. Google conversion, Facebook pixel.
- After Submit Actions - set the action that will be triggered when visitors submit a form, such as show a "thank you" message, or a link to URL.
- Custom Thank You Message - set a custom "thank you" message to display to your visitors after submitting the form.
- Each field can be set as required or non-required.
- When hovering your mouse over the field, you can duplicate it using the copy icon, or delete it using the trashcan icon. To rearrange the order of the form sections, click on the field and drag it.